The Risk Profiler is another innovative tool from Total Motion, this time built into our Communications Hub; a unique fleet management platform which streamlines communications across the fleet management sector, bringing benefits to both the business and the driver.
Our Communications Hub works by gathering all information produced by and in support of the daily fleet operations, and making it accessible and transparent on a 24/7 basis. This helps run an efficient and profitable business in real time, but also helps to build data to improve performance tracking and vehicle assessment over a longer analysis period.
What does the risk profiler do?
This is where the Risk Profiler comes into the equation as a critical tool within this platform. The risk profiler manages risk, cost and compliance and is a tool used by the business to:
- Identify and manage every aspect of fleet related risk
- Deliver compliance with Health & Safety Executive Regulations & the Duty of Care
- Provide full visibility on fleet data
- Work with both company vehicles and grey fleet
- Provide 360 degree visibility of fleet risk management
At Total Motion we believe this is another product that will ultimately be adopted on a wider scale by the fleet management industry and become commonplace across the sector. And here are five reasons why you need it in your business:
- Access to real-time data that allows you to see each driver and vehicle’s risk score, along with accurate and constantly updating cost per mile data for every vehicle and driver.
- Reduce insurance costs as your premium is based on accurate and precise information.
- Provides a risk score from zero to 300 which is easy to use and to interpret in profiling risk, cars and drivers.
- Recognised by insurance companies and authoritative bodies such as the Health & Safety Executive. This means it can be used as a trusted and credible source of information.
- Produces league tables so that you can compare the business, cost centres or drivers based on any data source or performance metric.
How does the risk profiler work?
In building and adopting the risk profiler, the new and innovative system tool developed by Total Motion takes into account many different factors. These include:
- Driver age, history, DVLA record, medical record, health & wellbeing record
- Job type
- Driving hours and mileage
- Accidents, fines and penalties
- Service, Maintenance & Repair spend (SMR)
- Fuel usage
- Telematics data - Speed, braking, cornering and driving style
- Insurance costs
Using this base data allows the system to assess real-time performance numbers as they are added, to rank how the business is performing, how different departments are performing and how different drivers are performing. This all enables the organisation to make critical decisions based on the most accurate and reliable information available.
Total Motion has developed this system to work as an integral element of our Communications Hub and as a whole, this will provide businesses with the most complete visibility over their fleet, and the best numerical tools with which to base day-to-day and more strategic decisions.
Contact us today to speak with our fleet management experts and to understand how the risk profiler can help your business with all aspects of risk management.