Same excellent service as usual I have never received anything but exceptional service from TM, doesn't matter who you speak to, what you need or if it's merely a question to be asked. Your employees are courteous, helpful and knowledgeable.
Actual Whole Life Cost
Our Actual Whole Life Cost system (AWLC) was first developed in 1998, and, since that time, has proved to be the most accurate and transparent whole life cost system in Europe.
AWLC is vital in helping our customers with issues such as:
- Which manufacturers and vehicles to select
- Which funding product to use
- The true cost of vehicles
- What period of time and/or mileage should be applied to life cycles and contracts
- How grade limits are set and which vehicles fit into which grade
- Setting and developing cash allowances and flexible benefits
- Identifying driver and vehicle trends
With a maximum variance of +/- 3% no other system can provide this level of accuracy.
The Actual Whole Life Cost calculation includes:
- Corporation tax, capital allowances and National Insurance Contributions (NIC)
- Service, maintenance and repair spend (SMR)
- Non-scheduled repair spend (accident damage, glass replacement etc.)
- Finance costs
- Road fund licence
- Return on funds
- Recovery services
- Average unrecoverable costs per vehicle
- Non-scheduled costs
- Administration costs
- Vehicle usage
Unlike other fleet management providers, Total Motion uses constantly updated data, not estimates or calculations based upon leasing rentals, with our data coming from:
- Fuel and fuel card suppliers
- Contract hire and leasing suppliers
- Insurers and brokers
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Rospa – the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- DfT – the Department of Transport
- ICME repair times and costs
- Finance house net rates
- Residual values from CAP, auctions, dealers and our own disposals department
- Historic maintenance spend from our own database of vehicles and that of more than 100 large fleet operators
- In excess of 1.9 million live UK and European vehicles
A consequence of this format is that an AWLC has a maximum variance of 3% against actual cost.
Total Motion is the only fleet management supplier that provides this format and degree of accuracy.
In 2006 we also launched the vehicle and driver monitoring module within our AWLC system – allowing us to analyse, in real time, costs and trends and to develop future processes and plans accordingly.
This module links into Fleetwave, our own fleet management system.
Vehicle and driver monitoring analyses:
- Spend on service, maintenance and repair (SMR)
- Fuel spend
- Pence per mile cost
- Wear and tear
It then compares vehicle against vehicle and/or driver against driver within your own fleet, that of our other clients and more than 1,000 other fleet users.
This ultimate fleet management tool allows us to accurately measure and then identify potential issues and to act accordingly.