Our experience in electric vehicle management and alternative fuels
- Since 2000 Total Motion has been working in alternative fuels. We have been researching and developing models which will manage the transition from petrol and diesel to LPG, bio fuel and electric.
- Our journey of discovery started with us converting and supplying LPG/CNG vehicles. And our innovation in fleet management for electric vehicles (EVs) led to us managing EVs and fleet electrification projects as long ago as 2004. Our commitment was firm and credible, and by the end of 2006 we had over 500 LPG and 650 EVs in operation.
- In the UK leasing and fleet management sector we now have the largest percentage of alternative fuel vehicles on our fleet, and indeed we were the first to have an EV rental fleet. So our extensive knowledge in this field is unrivalled and we have even worked with a number of vehicle manufacturers to help them with strategy.
- Total Motion currently has a fleet of vehicles available, or out on the road with clients, who are looking at proof of concept on EV and testing them to see how they fair. This is continually adding to our knowledge and giving us real time data on performance, costing models and improvement options.
The benefits of moving to EVs
- Cheaper to run: figures differ by vehicle but it is generally accepted that the electricity to charge an EV is around a third as much per kilometre as buying petrol for the same vehicle.
- Cheaper to maintain: an EV has less moving parts, so put simply, there is less that can go wrong. There are no expensive exhaust systems, starter motors, fuel injection systems and radiators. And furthermore, technology is advancing all the time to make EVs even more reliable.
- Less pollution: an EV has no exhaust emissions, so by driving an EV you are not putting any harmful CO2 emissions into the atmosphere. You can also use renewable energy to charge your battery (or renewable fuels if you are using other alternative fuels) and reduce your environmental impact even further.
- Safety: the fundamental concept of EVs results in a lower risk of fire or explosion. Also, a lower centre of gravity provides better steering control and reduces the possibility of rolling the car on sharp bends.
- Tax: Businesses can make significant VAT savings by running an EV fleet.
How we can help your EV fleet management
When you partner with Total Motion for your EV fleet solutions, our experience is not just in which fuel or vehicle to choose, but also the operational and infrastructure aspects such as refuelling/charging, maintenance, reliability and risks.
With 20 years’ experience in developing effective EV fleet management strategies, we have more knowledge than anyone else in the industry when it comes to understanding electrification and completing risk assessments and feasibility studies. This has led to a proven track record of successful projects in electrification, when many of our competitors are just beginning to look at the possibilities and understand the potential and the benefits.
An example of this is our Actual Whole Life Cost system (also known as TCO/ Total Cost of Ownership). This is the most accurate source of data for helping fleets transition to alternative fuels such as electric, and how this impacts to reduce CO2 and improve your carbon footprint when running a fleet.
Contact Total Motion for EV fleet management today
More and more businesses are starting to think about the transition to EVs, but it is not straightforward and simple. There is a lot to consider when assessing costs, operations, fuel strategies and financial models. In the rush to be Green, businesses can make expensive mistakes.
contact us today and we can work with you to establish whether EVs and alternative fuels are right for your business, when you should make the change, and how you should make it.