Fleet maintenance, service and repair
Vehicle service, maintenance and repair (SMR) always represents a high proportion of fleet costs, so Total Motion has developed a menu of options to help you reduce spend, improve quality and manage your fleet maintenance more effectively.
Working with us to manage your fleet’s SMR will lower your costs and improve fleet efficiency by a minimum of 18% per year.
Supporting the driver
To deal with the management of vehicle SMR, Total Motion has its own driver support team which delivers a central management and booking facility that is tailored to meet the individual requirements of our clients and their drivers.
Drivers contact the driver support team who make whatever arrangements are required, be it booking a service or reporting an accident to arranging recovery or simply asking advice.
Our team provides a complete support structure so that nothing is left to chance and no driver is ever left to fend for themselves.
Our SMR management process is the most effective within the market place when it comes to the four fleet maintenance essentials of cost, driver downtime, communications and control.
SMR savings are delivered in six ways:
- By negotiating competitive terms with suppliers
- By managing warranty, manufacturing faults and component failure
- By selecting the right supplier for every job
- By analysing every job and every penny of spend
- By supporting drivers and keeping them on the road
- By not receiving a rebate or uplifting the charge
We actively encourage and promote reliance upon our driver support team by our clients and their drivers. It is reassuring to know that whenever drivers needs even the smallest item, or have a question about anything to do with a vehicle, they can contact driver support.
- Actual cost of service, maintenance and repair (SMR)
- Lost man hours
- Resource spent on day to day SMR and related issues
- Technical ability
- Fixed costs
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Complete driver support
- Nationally agreed rates for labour, parts, tyres, glass and lubricants
- Access to a national premier supplier network, using manufacturer’s agents and independent repairers
- A guaranteed service when requiring collect and deliver and courtesy cars
- Central reservations for SMR booking via phone, email and text
- Access to a support and assistance line
- Defect and fault monitoring
- Consolidated invoices for all expenditure
- Professional SMR authority and warranty control
- Access to hire vehicles nationwide within two hours
- A dedicated recovery service
- Detailed reporting on usage and spend
- On-site maintenance
- MOT reminders and scheduling
- Manufacturer and warranty management
- Safety recalls’ notification, scheduling and management
- Mileage checks, service history checks, service reminders and SMR scheduling
- Vehicle status checks and scheduling
- An on-line booking facility
- A single phone number, website and email address for arranging SMR
- A branded driver web site featuring an online driver guide and booking facility
- A driver reference guide to be kept in their vehicle
- An electronic driver guide sent by text/email
- Access to more than 9,000 vetted and approved suppliers across the UK. All drivers need to do to use this supplier network is to quote their vehicle registration and confirm it is a Total Motion vehicle
Its’s worth noting that when we mapped the distance of our drivers to our suppliers in February 2013, no driver was more than three miles away from an approved supplier.
Paying for SMR via pay-on-use
With pay-on-use, you pay a nominal annual fee, with each product and service then charged for as you use it.
This option has by far the lowest cost in terms of both direct costs and cash flow. The format and support for the client is the same as with other options; it’s just the payment method that is different.
As budgeting is key to most fleets, Total Motion offers either a monthly, annual or total life budget. These are calculated using our AWLC system which has a maximum variance of 3% to deliver the accuracy required.
Pay-on-use SMR will reduce your spend by more than 20%
Shared profit SMR management
With our shared profit SMR management system you pay a fixed monthly cost based upon a term and mileage this includes:
- All routine servicing and repairs
- All maintenance and repairs due to fair wear and tear
- All tyre replacement due to wear and tear and puncture repairs
- All batteries and exhausts due to fair wear and tear
- MOT tests and repairs
- Road fund licences
- Recovery package with home start, relay, roadside and 48 hour courtesy vehicle
- Vehicle status and scheduling
- No excess mileage option
The two most important benefits of shared profit fleet maintenance are as follows:
At the end of the period we calculate the amounts paid and spent, and if we have spent less than you have paid, we will share the surplus with you (90% client and 10% Total Motion). We are then responsible for any overspend subject to mileage.
If the actual spend does not exceed the budget then there is no additional cost to you regardless of the mileage. So it is possible that a car contract for 50,000 miles could in fact cover 100,000 miles without costing you any more money.