Total Motion’s “no cost; no obligation” fleet audit provides you with a starting point when looking at fleet management and the options available.
Our audit has helped all our clients to develop effective fleet management strategies – reducing their cost base and helping them achieve complete compliance.
All too often fleet reviews are driven by a sales channel or assessed purely from a cost cutting perspective. Such reviews are usually ineffective. In fact more than 90% of them fail to deliver and have to be revisited within 12 months.
Total Motion’s audit, however, gives you a complete and accurate picture of how your fleet management function is performing and where improvements can be made.
Once completed, the results of our audit are presented in a report format that provides a comprehensive operational plan, recommendations for products and services and a full management strategy and structure. Included is a full breakdown of all the options explored, along with the consequences and improvements associated with each one.
A Total Motion fleet audit covers:
- General day to day operating processes and systems
- Acquisition and disposal
- Funding and taxation
- Performance and efficiencies
- Alternatives to the company vehicle
- Accident and risk management
- Policy and road risk
- Vehicle selection, grading and life cycles
- Service, maintenance and repair management
- Environment, green and fuel policies and management
- Fleet administration and management
- Integrated transport
This audit document forms the basis of our operating processes, service delivery and management solution.
Best practice examples, gap analysis and comparison
As part of the audit process, our team reviews the findings to create a document which outlines how our client’s fleet operation compares with others, what constitutes best practice and how to close the gap.
The data which forms the basis of the comparison is taken from:
- 150 Fleets with 100-300 vehicles, a mix of LCV and HGV
- 137 Fleets with 400-800 vehicles, a mix of LCV and HGV
- 135 Fleets with 1,000 plus vehicles, a mix of LCV and HGV
The data is updated every six months.
Industry sectors included within this are:
- Freight transport/logistics
- Passenger transport
- Support service providers